Our Mission and Values
Our prime mission is to offer a fair and secure competition environment where skill gamers can challenge each other and participate in competitions to sharpen their skills and win prizes. We empower our clients to succeed with nothing more than their own skills and abilities. We commit to provide this facility in a fully transparent and cost effective manner so the players can get the best value for their money and clearly see upfront what they are paying for.
We firmly believe that our idea of providing innovative, exciting and secure entertainment to our clients positions us as a credible operator in the skill game market.
We are deeply committed in building long term relationships with our clients. We strive to deliver a top-quality environment which is sustainable, safe and friendly within a quality driven culture, whilst aiming at delivering the best commercial result as a going concern. We carry out this keeping in mind our beliefs –
Whilst striving to hold an entrepreneurial environment within our business models, we look at our clients as our partners. In view of this, we are endeavour to provide the best gaming experience possible. We are always on the lookout for new and exciting technologies which could be integrated with our existing infrastructure to provide the best possible gaming experience to our clients, anytime, anywhere.
Strict Adherence to Legal and Safety Standards
Ensuring that any gaming activities are in line with all legislation in force from time to time is paramount. We want to promote high standards in safe gaming practices, as one of our most important core values. In view of this, our practices as well as all our existing in-game technology and client support solutions are reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that our services are in line with all industry and legal standards. We do not allow any activity which is contravention with any legislative intervention.
We recognise that responsible gaming standards and applicable legislation set out the necessary benchmarks in ensuring that gaming is carried out responsibly. However, we are determined at going that extra mile for the sake of our clients. This is what makes us unique.
We are transparent about our chargeable fees, even before our clients make use of our services. We strive at keeping our fees as competitive as possible, and moreover guarantee that clients are informed about the fees which we charge in a very transparent manner. All chargeable fees are deducted up-front and we guarantee no other hidden costs for the use of our services.
In the meantime, we are always ready to listen – we believe that the client should be the centre of our services and we want to ensure that our clients can rest assured that they are informed of all gaming aspects. Clients who have any feedback, queries or concerns can contact us at anytime from anywhere, and we bind ourselves to provide all the necessary information in the most complete and timely manner.
General Terms & Conditions of Use
- The main purpose of these general terms and conditions of use (hereinafter referred to as the “Terms” as defined under Section 2.16), is to regulate the manner as to how We provide Our services as defined herein, and the general relationship that We shall have with you as a user of the Site. The Terms include matters regulating standard of behavior, payment terms, liability disclaimers and other useful matters which You are entitled to know when making use of Our services.
- Unless otherwise specifically agreed with You, as User of our Services, in writing, you agree that all the terms and conditions contained in these Terms shall apply when you make use of the Services and any other content which is available to you from the Site by Us. Accordingly, You are solely responsible for Your full compliance with all obligations and compliance with these Terms when making use of Our Services, and are entitled to all benefits accruing thereto.
- We retain the right to add, change and/or alter these Terms at Our own discretion without prior notice. We shall however inform You with the changes carried out to such terms, by virtue of a notice uploaded on our website to this effect.
- All titles contained in these Terms are for reference purposes only and shall not be construed to contain any legal enforceability.
- In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between these Terms and the provisions of any other document which We make available to You, and which might form an integral part of these Terms or otherwise, these Terms shall prevail.
In addition to any definitions contained within the body of these Terms, the following definitions shall apply:
- Algorithm shall mean to an accepted, computer programme We shall integrate with Our Site
- Competition shall mean a competitive format or an organization of Matches, Tournaments and/or Leagues which are provided to You under these terms or any other rules that We might issue in this respect;
- Content shall mean all Site design, trademarks, text, fonts, graphics, photos, audio, video, the selection and arrangement thereof, used for the provision of the Services;
- Credit shall mean either a token purchased by You to be used for playing Competitions, or the tokens won by You when winning such Competitions;
- Free Competition shall refer to any Competition provided by Us, which shall not require the payment of any participation fee, apart from the service charge stipulated under Section 5.1 of these Terms;
- Information shall mean any information required to be submitted by You to Us for the provision of the Services in accordance with Section 6 of these Terms;
- League shall mean a competitive format composed of a number of specified Matches whereby users are classified by virtue of a leaderboard, based on the results obtained in specified Matches, in accordance with the rules that We might issue in this respect;
- Match shall mean an individual game played on the Site by You against an opponent, as a test of superiority, limited by a set period of time;
- Payment Provider shall mean a third party payment provider which We appoint to process your financial transactions when making use of the Services;
- Pay-to-Enter Competition shall mean any Competition made available to the User after paying the service fee and an additional participation fee as stipulated under Section 5.1 of these Terms;
- Rules of the Game shall refer any specific terms and conditions applicable to Competitions provided by Us as part of Our Service, which complement and are in addition to these Terms;
- Section shall mean any part and/or provision contained in these Terms;
- Service/s shall mean the provision of services rendered by us to You, through your use of the Site and shall include the provision of Competitions as made available on the Site;
- Site shall mean [WEBSITE]; www.gamechampions.com
- Submission shall mean the submission or the transmission of audio, video, or text materials to the Site, including, but not limited to, comments, question, suggestions, drawings, or computer programs;
- Terms shall mean these terms and conditions, data policies and rules of Matches, Tournaments, Leagues, Challenges and Competitions provided by Us, which can be amended from time to time by Us and shall include any update, amendment and/or additional documentation conditions We might issue from time to time;
- Daily League shall mean a Competition organized by Us from time to time, which shall be open to the Users and which shall be composed of a number of Matches, for a specific period of time, such as a 24 hour period, as advertised from time to time, in accordance with the rules that We might issue in this respect;
- User Account shall mean Your own account with Us, by virtue of which you can access, make use of the Services provided by Us and transact your funds to purchase and/or spend Credits which are acquired, earned or spent by You when using the Services;
- User shall mean You as an individual who has paid the service fee in accordance with Section 5.1 and having a User Account, thus eligible to make use of the Services provided by Us, or any other participant making similar use of the Services;
- We/Us/Our/Ourselves shall mean Game Champions, of Thinkway Ltd., a company registered under the laws of Malta, having company registration number C 92677, as the provider of the Services rendered to You, in accordance with these Terms, and unless otherwise indicated in the Terms, this shall include any affiliates, partners, licensees and distributors that are participating in providing You with the Services; and
- You/Your/Yourself shall mean you, as the User of the Services.
The definitions contained in this Section shall carry the same meaning in the Terms, whether or not such definitions are in the singular or plural.
- The Purpose of the Site
- The purpose of the Site is to enable You to compete in free and/or Pay-to-Enter Competitions; in various competitive formats of skill-based competitive console games, available by Us as part of Our Services provided to You. Users shall be able to participate in skill based Competitions whereby the User, through the use of a User Account, takes part in Competitions and bet exclusively on his/her own performance shown in such Competitions, against other Users in accordance with Section 9.2 of these Terms. Where applicable, the User shall be eligible to win prizes including as Credits, points, merchandise or gaming products including but not limited to peripherals, clothing and in-game items. Users participating in Pay-to-Enter Competitions as defined under Section 5 of these Terms shall pay a pre-agreed sum of money, being a fee to obtain access to such games. Where applicable, Competitions may offer a monetary or non-monetary prizes, subject to the conditions stipulated under these Terms and any other terms assigned to specific Competitions offered on the Site.
- Your participation in any Competition available on the Site shall require a User Account. Your participation in Pay-to-Enter Competitions is possible by using Credits that You have in Your User Account. Alternatively your participation to Free Competitions is also possible without making use of Your own funds, apart from the service fee stipulated under Section 5.1.
- You may convert cash to Credits by using Your bank account, through Our online Payment Provider as stipulated under Section 7.5 of these Terms.
- Our Services are categorized as “games of skill” for regulatory purposes, and the outcome of any Competition played by the User is the result of skill and not chance. Accordingly, the use of any Algorithm shall be limited to the operations of calculating and awarding points to Users following the completion of any Competition, and this without the interference of any of Our employee and/or officials.
- Eligibility Criteria
4.1 In order to use the Services, You need to register and maintain a User Account on the Site and You must cumulatively satisfy the following criteria:
- Be a natural person of at least 18 years of age if You want to deposit funds from Your bank account;
- Be able to submit all the requested personal information, including but not limited to Your name, credentials, email address, and bank account details, if you intend to carry out transactions to and/or from Your bank account, including but not limited to the required Information stipulated in Section 6 of these Terms; and
- Comply with these Terms at all times.
4.2 Unless otherwise decided by Us, Our officers, employees, directors and/or agents are not eligible to participate in any Competitions. We may specifically authorize Our officers, employees, directors and/or agents to participate in Competitions for testing purposes and other limited circumstances which necessitates such participation. Any such authorization shall be subject to the conditions stipulated in these Terms and any applicable Rules of the Games as defined herein.
4.3 We shall retain the right and at any time, to require You to provide it with proof of eligibility to allow You access to the Site. Failure to provide the required proof of eligibility that is satisfactory to Us, in its sole and absolute discretion, shall result in the suspension and/or termination of such User Account. For User Accounts that are terminated due to non-eligibility, Credits previously deposited to the User Account will be refunded to the User.
4.4 Notwithstanding anything contained in these Terms, you are fully aware of the fact that Credits used to participate in Pay-to-Enter Competitions are non-refundable.
- Applicable Fees
5.1 Before accessing and be able to participate in all of Our Competitions, You might be required to pay a service fee. This service fee will grant the User access to Our private community on Our Site, and grant access to Our Free Competitions. From time to time, all Our Users shall also be eligible to participate in Our exclusive promotions which shall be made available to all of Our Users. Not all of Our Competitions are free of charge. There are Competitions that require the payment of additional participation fees are known as the Pay-to-Enter Competitions throughout these Terms. Pay-to-Enter Competitions will require the User to pay an extra participation fee in addition to the service fee which has been paid by the User to access the Services, in accordance with this Section.
5.2 The other fees which may chargeable by Us, apart from those referred in Section 5.1 above, are exhaustively listed below:
5.2.1 Fees payable to Us from the User to be able to obtain Credits and be able to participate in Competitions of his choice as contained on the Site;
5.2.2 A prize commission payable to Us;
5.2.3 A transaction fee and/or an administration fee payable to Us when You withdraw Credits;
5.2.4 A currency converter fee chargeable by the Payment Provider when paying in a currency other than EUR
5.2.5 Any additional tax, levy or charge imposed by any governmental authority when making use of the Services, from time to time; and
5.3 All the fees chargeable by Us for Your participation in any Competition provided as part of Our Services shall be clearly indicated throughout Our Site. Accordingly, we undertake that You shall be fully informed about the charging of such fees are deducted by Us through any transaction that You decide to make on Our Site.
5.4 We retain the right to change any fee applicable for the use of any Service on the Site, without any written prior notification to You. Such changes in fees can include, but are not limited to changes in prices for participation (whether increases or decreases in prices), new entry fees for Competitions which were previously considered to be free to access, changes in fees reflecting by changes in fees due to third parties that provide their own services to Us for the provision of the Services, and other changes in chargeable taxes or levies as established by applicable legislation. Any changes in such fees shall only affect Your future participation in Our Competitions.
- Required Information
6.1 Upon registration and/or during the processing of transferring Credits into the User Account, You are required to provide the Information to us for the provision of the Services in accordance with this Section. Such Information shall be used by Us in the provision of the Services in order to verify your identity for Eligibility purposes as defined in these Terms, and pass all such Information to third party service providers for the provision of such Services, including but not limited to Payment Providers and other third party agents:
6.1.1 An appropriate alias which shall not be offensive and/or inappropriate, that will serve as Your username;
6.1.2 A password which conforms to the requirements which We might implement on the Site from time to time;
6.1.3 Your full name, surname, residential address and contact details which shall include Your electronic mail address and telephone number;
6.1.4 Your birth-date and/or a confirmation that You at least 18 years of age or older if depositing funds to play Pay-to-Enter Competitions;
6.1.5 Your game related information, including but not limited to User Accounts, nicknames aliases and others;
6.1.6 Credit card or other payment information, if playing Pay-to-Enter Competitions; and
6.1.7 Any other information which We might require from time to time that deem necessary for the provision of the Services.
6.2 The Information provided to Us from You must be true, accurate, current and complete, as at the time when such Information is requested. You shall update all Information that has been subject to change by updated all such Information on your User Account.
6.3 In the event where We receive or suspect that We received incomplete Information, We shall retain the right to refuse to register a new User Account to access the Services. Similarly, in the event where We suspect that You are registering a User Account with purposely incorrect information for any reason whatsoever, We reserve the right to terminate Your User Account.
6.4 We also reserve the right to change and/or suspend and/or terminate offensive and/or inappropriate usernames and any User Account associated with such username.
- User Accounts
7.1 You are not allowed to authorize, in any manner whatsoever, any other person to access Your User Account, access the Site through Your User Account, participate in any Competition through your User Account, and/or accept any prizes awarded by Us. You hereby agree that Your User Account is not transferable to any another person. Accordingly, You hereby agree and bear full responsibility for the ownership, possession, and/or use of Your User Account, including any way, method and/or means of accessing the User Account. All activities undertaken by Your User Account, whether being an act or omission, shall be deemed to have been done by You. Knowingly submitting incomplete or inaccurate information or failing to update and maintain complete and accurate information, may result in immediate termination of Your User Account at Our sole discretion.
7.2 You are only permitted to register one User Account on the Site. We reserve the right, at Our discretion, to monitor and/or detect any effort to establish multiple User Accounts. In the event where We confirm that You have opened more than one User Account, a penalty fee of 2,000 Euros will be applicable per every Account belonging to the same User. We retain the right to terminate all Your User Accounts without any prior notice and freeze any funds remaining in Your multiple accounts to cover these penalties. In the event that we suspect that You have reported suspicious results for your individual matches, we reserve the right to refund your account balance and terminate your account without prior notice. We also reserve the right to terminate all accounts that deny access to anyone, including, but not limited to, those Users who use proxy servers and/or IP addresses residing in certain geographical areas.
7.3 In consideration of the use of the Services available on the Site through Your User Account, You agree and assume personal responsibility to:
7.3.1 Provide in accurate, current and complete form all the Information about Yourself, including but limited to the Information referred to in Section 6 of these Terms, as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Site;
7.3.2 Maintain the security of the password and identification;
7.3.3 Maintain and promptly update any Information and/or additional registration data and any other Information, to keep it accurate and complete; and
7.3.4 Be fully responsible for all use of Your User Account and for any actions that take place using Your User Account.
7.4.1 In order to participate in a Pay-to-Enter Competitions, you must have enough Credits in Your User Account for participation. If You have not acquired enough Credits through playing Free Competitions on Our Site, You must purchase Credits which shall be deposited to Your User Account. The minimum limit for deposits is 5 Eur
7.4.2 The acquisition of Credits shall be subject to a chargeable participation fee which shall be indicated on the Site accordingly in accordance with Section 5.2.1, before any transaction is carried out by You. Accordingly, You agree that the applicable participation fee shall be automatically deducted from Your deposit payment when acquiring the Credits.
7.4.3 No interest is payable on the Credits. All payments must be strictly made from a bank or payment account for which You are the named account holder. We reserve the right to require You to confirm or validate any or all deposits previously made to Your User Account. You acknowledge that in the case of any dispute, Your validation may be used by Us as evidence.
7.4.4 For all intents and purposes, You do not need to purchase and/or deposit any Credits to participate in Free Competitions that are available as part of our Services.
7.4.5 Any act or attempt to defraud Us and/or our Payment Provider through any means whatsoever, including but not limited to the fraudulent use of credit or debit cards through Your User Account, or through any other means whatsoever, including but not limited to the enforcement of any rights attached thereto, regardless of the outcome, or any failure by You to honor legitimate charges or requests for payment, or confirmation of deposits, may result the termination of Your User Account, forfeiture of any prizes, and the commencement of remedial actions according to applicable legislation. Additionally, We shall retain the right to hold any disputed funds from the User’s balance with Us until any transaction has been adequately investigated. Moreover, We retain the right to deduct any charges which We might have incurred in the pursuit of addressing or reversing any claims from Your User Account balance, should such claim prove to be fraudulent, malicious and/or untrue.
7.5 Conversion of Credits into Cash
7.5.1 You may request the conversion of any Credits available to You from Your User Account, into cash at any time. Nevertheless, We shall retain the right to block and/or stop any withdrawal requests for security purposes, when fraud is suspected. For the purpose of conversion purposes, one Credit shall be equivalent to Eur 1.
7.5.2 The minimum conversion of Credits to cash allowed, shall be equivalent to a sum of Eur 15. Conversions will be subject to bank charges and a transaction fee as a percentage of the converted amount, as stipulated by the Payment Provider as well as other fees referred to under Sections 5.2.3, 5.2.4 and 5.2.5 of these Terms. The specific percentage applicable to every cash conversion transaction depends on the service requested by the player (express , regular) as well as the payment method selected by the Player (Paypal, Bank transfer, remittance, etc..) and the destination country and currency of the player. Our right to withdraw any fee referred to in this Section shall apply by automatically, by deducting it from the converted cash before being transferred to Your bank account. You are advised to contact customer support if the converted cash is not received within five (5) business days.
7.5.3 You may be required to provide proper identification and proof of eligibility prior to any request of withdrawal as required directly by Us or by the Payment Provider. To prevent fraudulent behavior and account hijacking, We reserve the right to require You, as the credit card holder, to present Us with verification of identification to ascertain the validity of a withdrawal request and Your identity. Payments will not be made until such verification is received. If such verification is not received within ten (10) business days, the conversion request will be cancelled, the User Account in question will be suspended, and You will be contacted by e-mail.
7.6 User Account Credit Limits
7.6.1 At no point shall any User Account exceed the total sum of five hundred euro (Eur 500), or its equivalent value in Credits. This credit limit cannot be exceeded at any time in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to any sums deposited by You (whether as one payment, staggered or otherwise), in accordance with Section 7.4, which exceed the said sum; and any gaming activities on Our Site which result in a balance which exceed the said limit. Accordingly, We shall stop Your User Account from participating in any Competition in the event where Our systems indicate the possibility that the credit limit stipulated in this Section be exceeded.
7.6.2 Credit limits are imposed by Us in order to provide You with a safe experience, free from the possibility of monetary loss through hacking or any other similar online abuse, whilst making sure that all anti-money laundering obligations are respected to the full.
7.7 Contents of Your User Account
7.7.1 We allow Users to create, send, receive and store content on their User Accounts, including but not limited to images, videos, and other graphics produced during the User’s participation on Our Site. In the event where We intend to use such content for marketing purposes, You hereby agree to grant Us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, assignable license on such information to use, access, reproduce, store, create derivative work from, distribute, transmit, publish and disseminate such information for marketing purposes, once You give us Your explicit consent in accordance with the provisions of Our Privacy.
7.7.2 We may use all the necessary information generated by You as User when participating in Our Competitions
7.7.3 We may, without notice, remove or disable access to any content You might have on Your User Account, which may be deemed to be contrary to these Terms which and which might be potentially harmful or unacceptable to Us and/or other Users or third parties.
7.8 Closing Your User Account
7.8.1 You can close Your User Account at any time, by contacting Our support services directly on firstname.lastname@example.org In such case, We may decide to transfer all funds from the User Account (subject to the deduction of relevant withdrawal charges). If You want to recover funds from closed, blocked or excluded User Accounts, You need to contact support on the above mentioned e-mail address.
7.9 Inactive User Accounts
7.9.1 A User Account shall be deemed to become inactive when the User Account has not been accessed for an uninterrupted period of twelve (12) months.
7.9.2 Once Your User Account is considered inactive, We shall contact You via the e-mail submitted by You to Us, to inform You that the User Account may be closed thirty (30) days from dispatching such e-mail, unless You log in. Account closure means that any funds still residing in Your Account Balance may be transferred back to Us, to be used for promotional purposes, donated to connected charities or otherwise used to further improve the Site.
- Third-Party Payment Providers
8.1 We use the services of independent, third-party Payment Providers to process Users’ conversions requests from cash to Credits and vice versa, the withdrawal of any administration service fees due to Us,, and/or any electronic sales of Our merchandise. In view of this, any instruction received from You to purchase and/or convert Credits into cash, and any other request which could impact you balance in your User Account, shall be transferred by Us to the Payment Provider, and is handled by Us in accordance with the conditions stipulated by these Terms. Such instructions are sent to the Payment Provider in accordance with its terms and conditions.
8.2 You hereby accept that the operations of any third party Payment Provider used by Us to provide You with the service referred to in Section 8.1 above, shall be covered by terms and conditions which are not part of these Terms.
8.3 You irrevocably authorize Us to instruct such Payment Provider to handle Your User Account purchases and/or conversions from Your User Account, as reasonably required to provide the Services. You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of use of each applicable Payment Provider and in the event of a conflict between these Terms and the Payment Provider's terms and conditions, then these Terms shall prevail. You agree that We are not liable, in any manner whatsoever, for any loss caused by any error carried out by the Payment Provider or the unauthorized use of Your credit card or other method of payment by a third-party in connection with the use of the Services or the Site.
8.4 In order to protect Our User community from any malicious or fraudulent behavior, We commit to monitor all suspicious activity on Our Site and technical platforms including but not limited to cases of fraudulent use of credit or debit cards or other methods of payment and the exercise of any rights that You might have, which have been capriciously used against Us. In conjunction with our Payment Provider, we commit to investigate all suspicious transactions and inform the card scheme issuers about the outcome of our investigations.
8.5 Nothing contained in these Terms shall be construed as creating an agency, joint venture or partnership between Us and any third party Payment Provider which we might appoint to process transactions in accordance with these Terms from time to time. In view of this, any claims pertaining to either Us of the Payment provider, shall be dealt with by that Party to whom such claim arises.
- Rules of the Game and Matchmaking
9.1 You hereby agree that the Competitions provided to You as part of Our Services, are regulated by these Terms in combination with any specific Rules of the Game which shall be separately available on the Site. By joining a Competition and confirming your participation, You implicitly confirm that You have read and understood the nature of that Competition and the terms under which You will participate.
9.2 By making use of the Services, you hereby agree that all Competitions provided to You by Us through the Site are provided with the understanding that We act as agent to communicate issued Competition requests, the receipt of such requests between You and other Users. You hereby agree that any result of a Competition shall reflect the result of Your skill shown by You in that Competition and shall not be under the Our control, in any manner whatsoever.
9.3 Once You have joined a Competition through matchmaking You agree to participate up the completion with any matched teammates or opponents. We may determine, in its absolute discretion, when the Site is open for issuing or participating new Competitions.
- Prizes and Currency
10.1 All monetary prizes are awarded to You in their entirety, and any taxes due in connection with award of any prizes awarded shall be payable by You.
10.2 Nevertheless, we reserve the right to retain a predetermined portion of the prize as commission in all Pay-to-Enter Competitions, which shall be chargeable in accordance with Section 5.2.2 and clearly indicated on the Site. You shall agree with the automatic reduction of the said fee when instructing Us to transfer the prize to You.
10.3 The outcome of the Competitions offered are directly related to the performance, based on skill, of each and every User.
10.4 Monetary prizes are directly deposited as Credits in the winner's User Account. All Credits and prizes are denominated in Euro unless otherwise communicated to the Users. All references to the acronym “EUR” or “Eur.” on the Site and in these Terms are references to the currency Euro. If You make a payment that is denominated in a currency other than Euro, the funds will be converted into Euro by the Payment Provider. You may be charged a service fee for such currency conversion amounting a percentage set by the given Payment Providers. For all intents and purposes, We declare that any conversion rate used for the conversion of currency, is not under Our control.
10.5 All non-monetary prizes shall be sent to Your address that You have supplied Us with, and which is the active address contained in Your User Account at the time when You won the non-monetary prize.
- Standard Rules of Conduct
11.1 We operate by virtue of Our own standard rules of conduct and expects that such rules are rigorously respected by all Users. We reserve the right to remove any User generated content and moreover act to temporarily or permanently ban Users without any prior notice to such User, on proven or suspicious violations in any way whatsoever, any of the rules found below:
11.1.1 Abuse the community purpose of the chat areas in any manner whatsoever;
11.1.2 Post any obscene, lewd, slanderous, pornographic, abusive, violent, insulting, indecent, threatening and harassing language of any kind;
11.1.3 Impersonate other Users whether willfully or accidentally; post opinions or comments that attack other Users, individuals, companies or products, whether such individuals, companies or produces are in any manner tied with the Site, the Services or any User
11.1.4 trying to commit fraud in any way and specially by using software or using any advanced fonts, Java, tables, HTML, or other programming scripts or commands to interfere in the normal functioning of the Website; helping a user achieve results that wouldn't have been possible by using the regular PS and/or Xbox game controllers; causing an interruption or error in order to disrupt normal development of a game.
11.1.5 Advertise or promote other companies, URLs, and any other kind of advertisement or promotion;
11.1.7 Post or publish any copyrighted or trademarked material on any platform whatsoever; and
11.1.8 Opening multiple Player Accounts and/or cooperating with other players in a way that can create unfair competitive advantage
11.2 The contravention of the standard rules of conduct stipulated in Section 11.1 above, shall lead to the User Account suspension or termination as We may deem fit in the circumstances.
11.3 Any information disclosed on the Site's chat rooms, direct messages, message boards by comments or other electronic messages becomes Our property and may be publicly disclosed. We shall not be held responsible for any information that You choose to disclose.
1.We may decide to promote Our Services by making Our official merchandise available through Our dedicated online store available on the Site. You can only purchase Our official merchandise by redeeming Your Credits with Us. All prices shall be set in Credits and shall be set out in accordance with these Terms as well as any additional terms and conditions that may be applicable to such sales and published on the online platforms We may use for the sale of such merchandise.
2. Unless otherwise stated in writing by Us, all prices indicated on Our online platform shall be exclusive of transportation, insurance and taxes. Any such taxes, fees and charges will be added to the price by Us when checking out. Such additions to the price shall be charged at the point when an order has been placed. Once placed, orders shall be only accepted when the total price has been paid in full, in Credits.
3. Delivery of merchandise purchased by the You, shall be final when payment in Credits has been received from the customer by Us and We shall retain Our discretion not to accept to sell any merchandise for specific reasons, which shall be communicated to the User, when We require to take such measure.
4. If We are unable to fulfill a confirmed order due to any circumstance which is outside Our control, including but not limited to the lack of merchandise availability, or postage restrictions which would make it impossible for Us to ship a confirmed order or part thereof, We shall return any Credit that has been transferred to Us. Accordingly, any right for any additional compensation shall not be accepted.
- Promotional Activities
13.2 Should You decide to make any Submission, You agree to grant Us, a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully sub-licensable license, to use, distribute, edit, display, archive, publish, sublicense, perform, reproduce, make available, transmit, broadcast, sell, translate and create derivative works of those Submissions, in any form, media, or technology, for the purpose of developing and marketing game products and Competitions, depending on Your explicit consent given to Us for such purposes. You hereby waive, to the fullest extent possible under any applicable law, any actual and/or moral rights You may have to such Submissions.
13.4 You represent and warrant that You have all rights necessary to grant Us the authority as required above and that none of Your Submissions are defamatory, violate any rights of third parties, including, without limitation, any intellectual property rights, or violate applicable laws.
- Intellectual Property Rights
14.1 All Content available on the Site whether used as part of the Services or otherwise, is owned or licensed by Us. All of Our ideas, designs components and any other functionality available on the Site that has been designed by Us, is covered under applicable copyright legislation. No reproductions, derivative works or distribution of any reproductions or derivative work obtained from Our Site are permissible unless otherwise permitted by Us in writing. Accordingly, You agree, unless with Our prior written permission or the owners of such intellectual property to refrain from modifying, publishing, participating in the transfer or sale of, creating any derivative works whatsoever from, decompile, reproduce in any way whatsoever, or in any way exploit the Content.
14.2 We do not warrant or represent You and Your use of the Content and does not guarantee any infringement rights of third parties. While We use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, We make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any Content and assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the Content.
14.3 Any trademark, logo, and any other service marks displayed and forming part of the Content, including the names of all Competitions, are registered and unregistered trademarks to Us, and/or others.
14.4 Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the trademarks displayed on the Site without Our prior written permission and/or such third party that owns the Trademark. Your misuse of any Trademark or any other Content, except as provided in these Terms and applicable copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property restrictions, is strictly prohibited.
14.5 We retain the right to enforce all Our copyright and any other intellectual property rights as permitted by applicable legislation, including but not limited to reparative action in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Anti-Spam Policy
16.1 We prohibit any act or omission on Your part which may give rise to practices generating spam, and which shall be defined as:
16.1.1 The distribution of e-mail messages addressed to a recipient with whom the initiator does not have any existing business or personal relationship or is not sent at the request of, or with the express consent of, the recipient;
16.1.2 The posting of messages, on message boards or chats that are unrelated to the topic of discussion, cross-posted to unrelated message boards or discussion threads, or posted in excessive volume; and
16.1.3 Any form of solicitation posted on chat rooms, or to groups or individuals via Internet Relay Chat or Instant Messaging system (including but not limited to Skype, Facebook Chat and Twitter or any other social media platform).
16.2 If You are reported and the claims of spam are validated by us, We shall retain the right to undertake, at its sole discretion and with or without prior notice, the following enforcement actions:
16.2.1 Suspend Your User Account upon receipt of a credible and validated complaint. We may elect to immediately suspend Your User Account implicated in the abuse. The suspension of Your User Account shall serve as a formal warning to you and will prevent You from continuing the abusive spamming behavior for a period of time as decided by Us. We shall evaluate each validated abuse incident on a case-by-case basis and impose termination or suspension at its sole discretion and may void any associated prizes. We reserve the right to lift Your suspension at any time, at its sole discretion; and
16.2.2 Subsequent to suspension, proceed to terminate Your User Account upon the receipt of subsequent credible and validated complaints. We may immediately terminate Your User Account implicated in the abuse and may void any associated prizes.
16.3 If You wish to report a violation of Our anti-spam policy contained in this Section 16, please forward all evidence of abuse to email@example.com
- Anti-Money Laundering Reporting
17.1 We comply with all anti-money launder legislation in force from time to time, including but not limited to and any other associated regulations in this respect. We and any Payment Provider retain the right to check and verify all transactions and report any suspicious transaction to the relevant competent authorities in Malta.
17.2 In order to comply with all money-laundering legislation in force from time to time, We may be required to verify Your identity and source of funds, by requesting any additional information such as identity documents and confirming any credit or debit card details as we may deem necessary amongst others. Such checks shall apply once You reach the total sum of money transacted on Our Website, as mandated by such anti-money laundering legislation.
17.3 If You become aware of any suspicious activity relating to any Competition provided by Us as part of the Services, You are duty bound to report such abuse to Us immediately.
17.4 We may suspend, block or close any User Account and withhold funds, in accordance with the above mentioned legislation and contact all relevant governmental authorities for further investigations, in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Malfunctions, Fraud and Unauthorized Access
18.1 When making use of Our Service through the Site, You agree and bind Yourself, without limitation, that We are not responsible for any technical, hardware or software malfunctions of whatever nature, any lost or unavailable network connections, disconnects from the game play provided by the Site, and/or any incorrect or inaccurate results that may be posted on or in relation to a Match, League, Challenge, Competition and/or Tournament.
18.2 Accordingly, You also agree that We shall not be responsible, in any manner whatsoever for any loss, damage, and/or injury resulting from the use of the Services and/or any hacking, tampering, or other unauthorized access or use of the Site or Your User Account.
18.3 By virtue of these Terms, You are strictly prohibited from:
18.3.1 Gaining any unauthorized access to the Site's systems or any other's User Account other than Your own;
18.3.2 Interfering with any communications, communications systems, coding, procedures or performance of the Site and/or deliberately damage or undermine the Site;
18.3.3 Affecting, in any manner whatsoever, unless as otherwise permitted by the rules of the Competitions, the outcome of Your online game play by any means of interfering and/or unfair assistance of any unauthorized systems which are not approved by Us under these Terms, including but not limited to the use of macros, bots, automated programs, cheating software, screen analysis utilities, player collusion, any type of modifications or otherwise commit fraud in relation to the Site;
18.3.4 Altering the human skill component of the Competitions played on the Site in any manner whatsoever;
18.3.5 Participating in any Competition offered on the Site by means of automatic, macro, programmed bots, or similar methods, or to otherwise commit fraud with regard to the Site.
18.5 Any prohibited act, omission or attempt to do or failure to respect any such prohibitions, shall considered to be a violation of these Terms and may give rise to the termination of Your User Account and forfeiture of all prizes to which You would otherwise be entitled. Additionally, We may commence remedial actions against You according to applicable legislation.
18.6 Any attempt to defraud the Site through the use of credit cards or other methods of payment, regardless of the outcome, or any failure by You to honor legitimate charges or requests for payment, or confirmation of deposits, will result in immediate termination of Your User Account, forfeiture of any prizes, and active pursuit of civil litigation and/or referral for criminal prosecution.
18.7 We monitor all monetary transactions in the Site to keep Game Champions free from fraudulent individuals/organisations. Any attempt to defraud the Site through fraudulent charge backs requested by an individual user or an organised group of users collaborating with the purpose of committing the fraud, will result in a penalty of 2,500 Euros fee to be paid by the offender users for every fraudulent charge back they processed through our Payment Providers. We shall take all the necessary steps to cooperate with legal and/or governmental authorities and third parties in the investigation of these frauds. Additionally we reserve the right to initiate civil and/or referral for criminal prosecution to obtain monetary compensation for financial and business damages created by the fraudulent charge backs
- Breach of These Terms
19.1 We reserve the right to take immediate action in the event that You are believed of failing to observe and/or violating any of the Terms and other rules forming part of these Terms. Such actions include but are not limited to, suspending or terminating Your User Account, or the Credits, void Your scores, change Your feedback (when such feedback goes against the rules established in these Terms), seize funds in Your User Account to repay contestants who You have cheated against and/or commence legal proceedings against You. Additionally, We reserve the right to suspend or terminate the User Account of any User who is in violation, or who We suspect may be or will be violating these Terms. If such violations occur and a User Account is terminated, We reserve the right to determine how to distribute any Credit balance available in a terminated User Account under this Section.
19.2 We shall take all the necessary steps to cooperate with legal and/or governmental authorities and third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrongdoing. We reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to take any or all of the steps described above if it determines, acting reasonably, that You:
19.2.1 Have breached any term of these Terms;
19.2.2 Are participating in any attempt to defraud Us, in any manner whatsoever, through the use of credit cards or other methods of payment, regardless of the outcome;
19.2.3 Have failed to honor legitimate charges or requests for payment, or has charged back or denied any of the purchases or deposits that You made to Your User Account;
19.2.4 Are participating in any attempt to cheat another User through collusion or other techniques, regardless of the outcome;
19.2.5 Have become bankrupt or subject to analogous proceedings anywhere in the world; or;
19.2.6 When lawfully requested to do so by any legal or judicial authority.
19.3 We shall retain the right to investigate any breach of these Terms and may, in its sole discretion warn first time offenders without suspending their User Accounts. We retain the right to suspend User Accounts including suspending and/or terminating any User Account for repeated offences and freeze the Credits and any account balance as We may deem proportional and required.
19.4 We reserve the right to terminate Your User Account, limit or prohibit Your participation in any Competition. If applicable, all charged deposits, less any outstanding fees and withdrawals, will be returned to You. All prizes (if any) may be voided at Our sole discretion. Any person whose access has been suspended or terminated may not re-register for, or re-access, the Site without Our prior written consent.
- No Waiver
20.1 Our failure to enforce at any time any of the Sections of these Terms, or the failure to require at any time performance by You of any of the provisions of these Terms, shall in no way be construed to be a present or future full or partial waiver of such Sections, nor in any way affect Our right to enforce each and every such provision thereafter, unless otherwise this is not confirmed in writing by Us. Accordingly, any waiver of any full or partial waiver shall not affect the enforceability of any other Section contained in these Terms.
20.2 Our express waiver of any provision, condition or requirement of these Terms shall be limited to the date when such waiver has been approved by Us and shall not constitute a waiver of any future obligation to comply with such provision, condition or requirement.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Force Majeure
- While We use all its reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, We specifically disclaim any and all responsibility or liability, whether direct or consequential, for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, or operability or availability of information or material displayed in any and all Our Sites, either now operating or created in the future. We disclaim any responsibility or liability for the deletion, failure to store, mis-delivery, or untimely delivery of any information or material. We disclaim any responsibility or liability for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material on the Internet through the Site.
- Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances shall We be held liable for any delay, mistake, inexactness and/or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, non-performance of third-parties, loss of or fluctuations in heat, light, air conditioning or any other act which can be considered by Us as an Act of God, which are specifically mentioned in this Section.
- You are solely responsible for following all applicable laws in their country, and/or state. If You are unsure about the applicable law in the place of your legal residence in regards to the services provided by Game Champions, then you are requested to seek for qualified advice before registering in our platform. Game Champions cannot be held accountable for legal matters arising from laws in your area
- The use of the Services is at Your sole risk. Accordingly, you recognize and accept that the Services provided by Us are offered on “tale quale” basis, meaning that Services are rendered “as available” basis. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We make no warranty that:
21.3.1 The Services will meet Your requirements;
21.3.2 The Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free;
21.3.3 The results that may be obtained from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable;
21.3.4 The quality of any products, services or information purchased or obtained by You through the Services will meet Your expectations;
21.3.5 Your messages, data or information, in whatever form or medium, will not be lost; and
21.3.6 Any errors will be corrected in a timely manner.
21.4 You understand and agree that any downloaded or otherwise obtained material or data, whether permitted under these Terms to otherwise, through the use of the Site providing the Services, is at Your own risk and You shall be solely responsible for any damages whatsoever to Your computer system including but not limited to any loss of data that results from the download of such material or data. We shall not be held responsible or liable, in any manner whatsoever, for content posted by the Users, third parties, actions of any third party or for any damage to, or virus that may infect a User's computer equipment or other property.
- Limitation of Liability
22.1 You agree that We shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if We have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from:
22.1.1 The use or inability to use the Services;
22.1.2 The cost of getting substitute goods and services resulting from any products, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received, or transactions entered into through or from the Services;
22.1.3 Unauthorized access to or alteration of transmissions or data;
22.1.4 Statements or conduct of anyone in connection with the Services; or
22.1.5 Any other matter relating to the Services.
22.2 If, notwithstanding the other Sections of this Terms, We are found to be liable for any damage or loss which arise out of or is any way connected to Your use of the Services, liability of, We shall be limited to the total of any funds lost by You by participating in any Competition or any fees with respect to any Services or any of its feature paid in the six months prior to the date of the initial claim made against Us, but shall in no circumstances exceed EUR 500.00.
22.3 Similarly, You hereby recognize that You are subject to all laws of the province, state, and/or country in which You reside and from which You access the Services and is solely responsible for obeying the laws of such jurisdiction. You agree that We shall not be held liable, in any manner whatsoever, if applicable law restricts or prohibits Your participation or use of the Service.
22.4 We make no representations or warranties, implicit or explicit, as to Your legal right to participate in any Competition, offered on the Site. You shall not claim affiliation with Us and You shall have no authority to make any such representations or warranties.
22.5 We reserve the right to monitor the location from which You access the Site and to block access from any jurisdiction in which participation is illegal or restricted in any manner whatsoever.
- By registering in any Services offered on the Site, You agree to keep Us fully indemnified against all claims and moreover, defend and hold harmless, Us, Our directors, officers, employees, shareholders, vendors, partners, contractors, agents, licensors or other representatives of each of them and all their successors and assigns, in respect of all claims, costs (including reasonable legal fees and costs), damages, liabilities and expenses or obligations of any kind, arising out of or in connection with Your use or misuse of the Services.
- We retain the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any claim supporting indemnification, and in such cases, You agree to cooperate with Us to defend any such claim.
- You hereby agree that You shall not settle any claim covered by this Section and the disclaimer of warranties without Our prior written approval.
- Severability of the Terms
If any portion of the Terms is deemed void or unenforceable, then that Section of part thereof shall be deemed severable from the Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
25.1 Unless otherwise agreed, any notice, request, consent and other communication to be given by a party under these Terms shall be exclusively communicated in the English language.
25.2 Any notice or other communication shall be deemed to have been served if delivered by e-mail as stipulated in these Terms, on the day when such e-mail has been sent/or received by/to Us. 25.3 If a notice is given or is deemed to have been given at a time or on a date which is not a business day, it shall be deemed to have been given on the next business day, with business day in this context meaning any such day deemed to be a business day in Malta.
26.1 In case of any complaints on the Site or the Services, such complaints shall be directed to Us by:
26.1.1 On-site chat support; or
26.1.2 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
26.2 In order to be able to deal with Your complaint quickly, the complaint must contain clear information about Your identity as well as all relevant details giving rise to the complaint. We will use its best efforts to promptly resolve a reported matter and reach an amicable settlement.
26.3 Any claim You might have regarding any transaction must be made within six (6) months after the transaction and/or payment took place/should have taken place; otherwise We will not consider the claim. Once a claim is received, We will review any queried or disputed transactions and inform You about the outcome. Our decision shall be final.
- Governing Law and Disputes
27.1 These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Malta. Accordingly, You hereby agree that any reference to legislation made in these Terms refer to applicable Maltese legislation.
27.2 You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of and venue shall be the Courts of the Republic of Malta which shall serve as the legal jurisdiction, for the resolution of all disputes arising out of or relating to the Services.