Visit the official Riot Games Service Status page to check for recent issues or server outages.
Is League of Legends Servers Down?
Check out the sources below to find out the current status of the League of Legends Servers
⚠︎ User reports indicate that League of Legends servers are potentially down or temporarily unavailable.
League of Legends, developed by Riot Games, is a popular multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game that captivates millions of players worldwide. To ensure a smooth gaming experience, it's good to stay informed about the current status of League of Legends servers. Here's a detailed guide on how to check the server status and troubleshoot common connection issues.
Official Riot Games Server Status Page
The most reliable source for checking the status of League of Legends servers is the official Riot Games server status page. Follow these steps to stay updated:
- Visit the official Riot Games server status page: Riot Games Server Status.
- Check for announcements and status indicators for League of Legends and other Riot Games titles.
Social Media Platforms
Riot Games communicates server status updates and other important announcements through their official social media accounts. Stay connected and receive real-time updates:
- Check for status updates on Riot Games on Twitter: @RiotSupport.
- Check the official Riot Games Facebook page for announcements: Riot Games Facebook.
Third-Party Status Checkers
For additional insights and user reports on server status, consider using third-party websites such as DownDetector. Here's how to use it:
- Visit the DownDetector website for League of Legends: League of Legends on DownDetector.
- Review recent user reports and comments to gauge the current status of the servers.
Common Connection Issues and Solutions
Let's look at some common problems that gamers might face while playing League of Legends and how to fix them using simple solutions.
- Quick Fix: Restart your router and modem for a fresh connection. Use a wired connection if possible.
- Pro Tip: Find devices on your internet that use a lot of data and adjust them to help your game run smoothly.
Firewall and Antivirus:
- Quick Fix: Check if your firewall or antivirus is blocking League of Legends. Add the game to the exception list.
- Pro Tip: If you're having issues, try turning off your firewall or antivirus temporarily to see if that helps.
- Quick Fix: If you're using a VPN, turn it off temporarily to see if it's causing connection problems. Make sure the VPN server is close to you.
- Pro Tip: If you use a VPN, choose servers that are close to you for better performance.
- Quick Fix: Make sure your League of Legends game is updated. Install any updates to avoid problems.
- Pro Tip: Use the game launcher to check for and fix any issues with game files.
Server Region Selection:
- Quick Fix: Check your game settings to make sure you're using a server close to you.
- Pro Tip: Keep an eye on server ping and latency (how fast the server responds) to avoid lag and connection issues.
By following these steps and using simple solutions, everyone can have a smooth and enjoyable time playing League of Legends in the exciting world of Runeterra.
If you're still unable to connect, then we recommend that you contact the Riot Games support, and while you're waiting, why not explore another exciting avenue to stay engaged with League of Legends by placing bets on League of Legends matches. Even if you can't actively participate in the game, you can still enjoy the competitive and strategic gameplay by watching matches and adding an extra layer of excitement with some friendly wagers.